Sunday, December 20, 2009

Second Training Run

We made it through our second scheduled training run and had a pretty good turn out!!

Was really nice to see Tracy and Cheryl out after they both have been missing in action for a while.
Everyone congregated in an effort to stay warm and discuss the route for the dat. Some of us did the 6 scheduled miles and others did additional mileage to prepare for a marathon they will be racing prior to the OKC Memorial Marathon.
We have a nice size group and I think people are beginning to get to know one another, and maybe beginning to find a running partner. Having someone to train with just makes it all the more fun.

I've noticed with the cold weather it's a little harder to count on the fountains working, so it might not be a bad idea to bring your own water while the weather is so cold. I've seen the forcast for next Saturday and I'm just praying the weather men are wrong. The forcast I saw, showed a low of 13 Friday night and a high of 34 Saturday. If this is right we will definitely need to layer.

Well, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Safe travels to those who will be traveling to see family. I will see everyone Saturday morning. I'm sure I will have some extra calories I will need to burn. Glad we are scheduled for 10 miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment